Monday, August 17, 2015

Can we say hexagons?

It's been awhile! But my buddy Delana has inspired me to blog again.
I've been quilting a lot lately and been working on Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses.
It's a very long process. First you start with a 1 inch template.

Then you choose fabric and trace then cut.
Then I used fabric glue to tack down edges on back.
You make a lot of these. I mean ALOT!
Then I used a print out and taped down pieces how I want them and put in protector page.
Here is all of the blocks ready to sew. And I mean hand sew. Crazy am I:)
I still have to cut about 500 more for border and around each block and also have to cut little squares to put in also. I just started sewing.
On the next 2 pics is where I sewed together 2 and sewing all together on 1st block.I'm getting about 30 to 32 stitches  a inch. Wow! This is gonna take forever.lol
I'm doing mine in all creams and reds. Pics don't do it Justice:)
I will post a pic of cover of book pic.  so you can see end result. I was going for a queen size and now .........well.......
Wall hanging size. Lol

1 comment: