Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Crazy week


Here are two of my Lucy Boston blocks that I have sewn together by hand. It is taking a lot longer than I expected. Lol
When I first started this quilt I found a really cool cream/ beige fabric that i thought would look good  for the border . Decided to only get 1 yard of material to see if  it would work. On Sunday started adding around one of the blocks and decided I really love the colors all together. So Monday I went to a quilt shop in Waldo Ohio called Serendipitee and bought more for quilt.
While I was there I found this barn quilt book. I have always loved old barns. So you know me.... had to get. Also ordered another barn book that came in mail today. Can't wait to start a quilt using both of these books.
On Tuesday I canned 8 more Quarts of Apple pie filling. We have 4 apple trees and this is the 1st year one is producing apples. I am so glad all 4 didn't produce this year. But next year we will have apples out our ears. Lol
Last Thursday and Friday I went to Michigan with Bruce for his work and while I was there found a great antique/craft shop and found a lot of antique buttons that I'm still sorting thru. Finding some really cool ones and looking up on internet.
Here is a picture from the Lucy Bostons book that I said on my last post that I would post to give you a idea of what I am making,

2 comments:

  1. That Lucy Boston quilt is going to be gorgeous! You should make apple butter with some of your apples. I think there's a way to do it in a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I will have to look that up.

      Delete